Join SCORE Membership
Volunteers are SCORE’s lifeblood: your management, professional, administrative and leadership skills are necessary to maintain the focus and growth of the SCORE organization. In return, as a SCORE Association member you gain a personal satisfaction from sharing your experience and knowledge with those seeking to enter the business community or to improve their existing businesses. Employment status has no bearing on SCORE membership, full time, part time or retired makes no difference.
Adherence to the SCORE Code of Ethics and Conduct, SCORE rules and standard, are the prerequisites. There shall be no conflict of interest with the members SCORE work resulting from any outside employment.
Guidelines for Member candidates are:
- Management, administrative or ownership experience
- Knowledge of contemporary business practices
- Ability to relate to and communicate with SCORE’s diverse client base
Members Actively participate in:
- Chapter committees
- Operations and programs
- Chapter training programs
Benefits of Volunteering
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Gain community recognition and respect as a mentor
- Provide leadership in the community
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in life long learning
- Make new friends
SCORE Volunteers Contribute
- Share your success and expertise
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online counseling directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
SCORE membership prides itself in that it ”gives back to the community”, offers the opportunity to make new friends and keep up with changes in the business world by helping others get started in business or continue to operate existing businesses.
The performance of SCORE activities involves community service and public trust. All members are expected to conduct themselves with professionalism, honesty, and integrity in all their public contacts and relationships with other members.
To find out more information about becoming one of the dedicated professionals of the Bristol SCORE chapter, contact the SCORE office at the Bristol Chamber of Commerce 423-989-4850 or contact Mr. Gary McGeough, Chairman of Bristol SCORE at 423-764-8066.